Freestyle ice is for figure skaters who are practicing programs, test patterns, jumps, spins and other skating skills or taking private lessons with a coach. Minimum age/skill level – For the safety of everyone on the ice, skaters must be 8 years old or older, and Basic Skill (LTS) Level 5 or above, or in a lesson (private or class). There is an additional charge for this ice time; it is not included with Club membership, Learn to Skate or Bridge programs.
- Ice Times & Pricing
- Test Track
*Subject to change, please check our Facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm availability*
When: Sundays, 4:40-6:40 p.m.
Where: Bethlehem YMCA, Delmar, NY 12054
Fall Dates and Times:
- October 25, session time is 3:40-5:40 p.m.
- November 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, session time is 4:40-6:40 p.m.
- December 6, 13, 20, session time is 4:40-6:40 p.m.
- NEW: December 21st, session time is 6-8 p.m.
- December 27th, session time is 3:40-6:40 p.m.
Winter Dates and Times:
- January 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- February 7, 21, 28 (No ice February 14)
- March 7, 14 (possible ice time waiting to confirm)
- $30/2 hour
- $40/3 hour (available only on December 27th)
Due to COVID-19, we are only accepting electronic payments through PayPal at this time. You can send payments to PAYPAL.ME/ALBANYFSC. Payment must be received before entry on ice, with no exceptions.
COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
A COVID-19 Figure Skating Certification Form MUST be completed by all skaters and coaches EACH time they attend AFSC ice sessions.
Skater and Coach Check-In
The Albany Figure Skating Club (AFSC) session will open 10 minutes before the scheduled-on ice time. Anyone arriving earlier than 10 minutes before their start time MUST wait outside of the AFSC session and be socially distanced from others (6 feet apart).
All skaters and coaches must check-in with the ice monitor upon arrival at the rink.
Waiver of Liability
All non Albany FSC club members must complete the waiver prior to on ice participation. Details on club membership.