Freestyle ice is for figure skaters who are practicing programs, test patterns, jumps, spins, and other skating skills or taking private lessons with a coach. Minimum age/skill level – For the safety of everyone on the ice, skaters must be 8 years old or older, and Basic Skill (LTS) Level 5 or above, or in a lesson (private or class). There is an additional charge for this ice time; it is not included with Club membership, Learn to Skate or Bridge programs.
- Ice Times & Pricing
- Test Track
*Subject to change, please check our Facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm availability*
- Thursdays, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Saturdays, 1:00-2:30 p.m.
- Thursdays: 4, 11, 18, No ice November 25th
- Saturdays: 6, 13, 20, No ice November 27th
- Thursdays: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- Saturdays: 4, 11
- Thursdays: 6, 13, 20, 27
- Saturdays: 8, 15, 22, 29
- Thursdays: 10, 17, No ice February 3rd
- Saturdays: 12, 19, 26, No ice February 5th
- Thursdays: 3, 10, 17
- Saturdays: 5
Where: Bethlehem YMCA, Delmar, NY
- $10/half-hour all skaters
- $20/hour all skaters
- $30/2 hour all skaters
Skater and Coach Check-In
The Albany Figure Skating Club (AFSC) session will open 15 minutes before the scheduled-on ice time. Anyone arriving earlier than 15 minutes before their start time MUST wait outside of the AFSC session and be socially distanced from others (6 feet apart).
All skaters and coaches must check in with the ice monitor upon arrival at the rink.
COVID Requirements from U.S. Figure Skating and Learn to Skate USA
Effective August 2, 2021
Masks are required to be worn indoors by ALL people (including fully vaccinated people) attending any Compete USA events, Learn to Skate USA-approved performances or U.S. Figure Skating-sanctioned event or activity despite local, state or facility policies.
- Athletes practicing, participating in a class or competing on the ice.
- Warming up outside.
- The management is not required to ask for proof of vaccination as a condition of participation in the event or activity.
- Directors and instructional staff are responsible for an overall Health and Safety plan and event medical coverage.
We will continue to closely monitor the information provided by the CDC and provide updates to this policy as required. U.S. Figure Skating’s COVID-19 resources can be found here.
Waiver of Liability
All non-Albany FSC club members MUST complete the waiver prior to on-ice participation. Details on club membership.