Position Title: Learn to Skate Instructors
Opening: Immediate – Part-time – Open until filled
Position Summary: The Learn to Skate Instructor will be responsible for teaching the basic fundamentals of ice skating in group and one-on-one settings under the supervision of the AFSC Learn to Skate Program Director and AFSC Learn to Skate Chair.
- Demonstrate proper use of equipment, techniques and methods of proper movements to achieve proficiency in basic skills.
- Follow the Learn to Skate USA Basic Skills program format.
- Follow all club and rink rules, policies, and procedures.
- Explain and enforce Learn to Skate USA safety, rules, and regulations.
- Keep class attendance records up to date.
- Ensure all students receive equal amount of instruction.
- Supervise and/or play games during practice times.
- Prepare and turn in time sheets on time.
- Be available to meet with parents and discuss student’s progress prior to class. start time and after class time ends.
- Prepare class certificates and progress reports.
- Recommend class level for re-enrollment.
- Encourage new enrollment and promote re-enrollment.
- Keep current with the latest skating rules and trends.
- Keep students and parents informed of skating competitions and club activities such as ice exhibitions.
- Notify the AFSC Learn to Skate Program Director via email if you need to find a substitute, assist the program director in finding one, and prepare your students if you are missing a class.
- Maintain current Learn to Skate USA Instructor Compliance and professional liability insurance.
- Be available for most Learn to Skate session dates (Fall & Winter on Saturdays and Spring and Summer TBD).
- Maintain current USFS Coach Compliance, PSA Membership, and professional liability insurance.
- Maintain Home-Club or Associate AFSC Membership.
Locations: Bethlehem Area YMCA Ice Rink, Delmar, NY and/or Albany County Hockey Facility, Albany, NY.
Interested candidates please send a cover letter and resume to:
Elissa Baker c/o Albany FSC
P.O. Box 37
Coeymans, NY 12045
Or Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org